Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Frog and the Stork

The image of the Frog choking the Stork is one of my favorites. The little determined critter is boldly saying, "I'm not going down without a fight." "You can't swallow me if I have you by the neck, so brother, we're at an impasse!" This is what life is about. We've all heard the cliches, such as, "Into each life some rain must fall," "It's always darkest before the storm." "This too shall pass," and so many more.

But don't you hate when people start using these bromides? You know they are true; they've withstood the test of time, but it's not really what you want to hear at that particular time. In your mind you're thinking, "sure, that's easy for you to say, you're not in my predicament so get the hell out of my face." That's what you want to say but you don't. You just say thank you and go back to being miserable.

Here's the thing, as difficult as it may be, you must do all you can to remain positive because that is the energy you need to emit to extricate yourself from your negative dilemma.

"Energy flows where attention goes." That's why your energy has to be positive.

So you ask the questions, "How can I remain positive when bill collectors are knocking on my door?" "How can I remain positive when I could lose my home?" "How can I remain positive when my job sucks but I have no other choice but to continue working there?" "How do I remain positive when I have a serious medical condition?"

If the bill collector is not about to put you in jail, there's reason to celebrate. You can't pay what you don't have. Stay positive and go for a walk or go to the gym. If you're facing foreclosure or eviction, do what you can to find agencies that can assist you,if you're past the point of getting assistance, start looking for another place to live, it's not the end of the world, people are evicted all day, every day.


Struggling on your job? Make the best you can of the situation, keep a smile on your face and in your heart and persevere while looking for another job.

When you get off from work, don't lie down, don't wallow in self-pity, go for a walk, drink water, and exercise.


If you're facing a life-threatening situation, face it with courage and stand up in the face of your physical demise because that's a road that everyone will go down.

Actor Chazz Palminteri, who typically plays gangster roles, had a very simple line in the movie, "Boss of Bosses," which has become one of my favorite quotes.

His mob crime boss, Carlo, was on his death bed. The crime boss was scared of what might happen to him after death. He lamented, "the majority of my life I've been bad, I've killed people and had people killed." Palminteri calmly stated as he stood over the dying man's bed, "Hey, nobody gets out alive."

That's a fact, "nobody gets out alive," but energy never dies. Energy moves into form (birth), through form (life), and out of form (physical death) and the cycle is repeated.

Always, keep your head up!